To view the Hotel Teatro Media Kit, click here.
To view a Quick Fact Sheet, click here.
QUICK FACTS_________________________________________________________Address 1100 14th St.
Denver, CO, 80202
Reservations (303) 228-1110 or toll free (888) 727-1200
People Mark Plonkey, General Manager
Kevin Taylor, Chef
Management DiNapoli Capital Partners
Location Located in the heart of downtown Denver with the majestic Colorado Rockies beckoning on the horizon, Hotel Teatro is within close proximity to Denver’s most popular attractions, including multiple museums and restaurants, the Downtown Business District, Larimer Square, the lower downtown or “LoDo” historic district, Coors Field, the Pepsi Center and Invesco Field.
Guest Rooms Hotel Teatro features 109 guest rooms each boasting Indonesian sandstone floors, custom cherry wood armoires, custom fine linens and desks with leather blotters and leather chairs. Custom-designed Simmons Beautyrest Beverly Hills Black Edition mattresses featuring cashmere blend pillow-tops and memory foam, as well as custom Egyptian cotton bedding, are a favorite of guests. Bathrooms feature marble with European chrome fixtures, luxurious deep soaking tubs and glass-enclosed rainfall showers.
In-Room Amenities Guest rooms also include 32-inch high definition LCD plasma screen televisions and i-home docking stations, along with complimentary Wi-Fi, daily newspaper, and in-room Fiji water, coffee and tea.
Courtesy car service within five miles of the hotel is provided in Hotel Teatro’s chauffeured Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid.
Guests may also take advantage of Hotel Teatro’s unique relaxation programs, including aromatherapy bath turndown service, in-room spa treatments, and its complimentary Dreamaker Program, offering amenities such as meditation CDs and tranquility fountains, as well as a pillow menu.
Hotel Teatro offers guests a complimentary 24-hour fitness center and privileged access to the nearby Colorado Athletic Club, where yoga and spin classes are included at no extra cost.
A complimentary daily guided running program is also available at the hotel, or if guests prefer to run alone, Hotel Teatro provides two-way radios so they can maintain contact with the concierge. Also available is a complimentary Yoga-On-Demand program, offering yoga mats, DVDs and props delivered to guestrooms upon request. In-room sessions with a certified Yogi are available by request.
For all guests, bicycle, ski, golf bag and luggage storage is available, as well as overnight laundry and dry cleaning services, and complimentary shoe shine service.
Guests’ beloved pets are welcomed at Hotel Teatro with open arms:
· A basket of toys greets furry friends at check-in, followed by a quick trip to the park offered by the bellman.
· Gourmet biscuits and chilled Fiji water await canine guests in “personalized” silver bowls set upon bone-shaped placemats.
· Souvenir Hotel Teatro dog tags ensure that Fido can be found if he accidentally wanders away.
· Hotel Teatro’s concierge will gladly walk or run guests’ furry friends, or arrange complementary dog-sitting services.
Dining options at Hotel Teatro include two newly-renovated restaurants operated by celebrated Denver chef Kevin Taylor. Both restaurants offer seasonal menus, extensive wine lists, and 24-hour in-room dining.
· Restaurant Kevin Taylor, Denver’s only four-star, four diamond restaurant, offers refined French-American cuisine.
· Prima Ristorante features modern Italian cuisine and a contemporary bar in a casual setting.
Meetings & Events
Hotel Teatro offers a 24-hour business center, catering services and state-of-the-art AV equipment. Additionally, a professional conference planner is available to assist with any and all needs. Ideal for boutique meetings and events, Hotel Teatro can accommodate groups of 1-100. Meetings spaces include:
· Upstage: Hotel Teatro’s newest meeting space is approximately 800 sq. ft. and perfect for intimate meeting comprised of 40-60 people. New technology includes a state-of-the-art LCD projector and a built-in drop down screen that will be mounted to the ceiling. The room also features its own private bathroom and kitchenette.
· Chancellor’s Suite: At 800 sq. ft., the Chancellors suite is ideal for intimate gatherings of up to 50 guests for receptions, 20 for executive retreats or 12 for a formal board meeting.
· Kevin Taylor Mezzanine: Newly renovated, this space is perfect for groups of up to 35 and features state-of-the-art technology.
· Kevin Taylor Wine Cellar: Featuring stone walls, vaulted ceilings and more than 800 wines on display, this venue accommodates groups of up to 40.
· Center Stage: Located on the hotel’s lower level and ideal for workshops of up to 60 people.
· Terrace: A 1,350 sq. ft. meeting room with vaulted ceilings and private kitchen and bathrooms.
Additional Meeting Space:
Kevin Taylor at the Opera House: Also across from the hotel, this stunning yet flexible 6,500 sq. ft. banquet space features hardwood floors, modern décor, built in stage and beautiful lighting.
The Loft: In a space adjacent to the hotel, The Loft is a unique 8,100 sq. ft. space with arched windows, exposed brick walls, and hardwood floors imparting a penthouse-in-the-city feel.
Hotel Teatro has a storied history in Denver, celebrating its 100th anniversary last year, in 2011:
· Hotel Teatro was originally built in 1911 as the Denver Tramway Building.
· When streetcar transportation became obsolete in Denver, the building became the nucleus of the University of Colorado’s Denver Campus.
· In 1999, when the University relocated its campus, Hotel Teatro was created, following an extensive restoration, with the help of a grant from the Colorado Historical Society, State Historic Fund.
Hotel Teatro’s name comes from the Italian word for “theatre,” and its décor takes its cue from the neighboring Denver Center Theatre Company. A captivating collection of black and white photographs, costumes and props from 20 seasons of past Company productions is displayed throughout the hotel.
Hotel Teatro is consistently recognized as one of the premier hotels in in the country and the world by leading travel authorities and publications. Among its many accolades, Hotel Teatro has been awarded:
· Travel +Leisure “Top 500 Hotels in the World” 2010, 2011,2012
· Sunset magazine’s “Best Hotels in the West,” 2011
· The AAA Four Diamond Award
· Ranked as one of the “Top Ten Hotels in the World” by Expedia on the 2011 Insiders’ Select™ list
· Travel + Leisure “Top 50 Large City Hotels in the U.S.” 2009, 2011
· Highest-rated Denver hotel in Zagat’s Survey of Top U.S. Hotels, Resorts & Spas, 2009
Hotel Teatro is committed to increasing sustainable practices, including:
· Using linens and glass in place of paper and plastic products whenever possible.
· Featuring locally-grown produce in many dishes served in its restaurants.
· Using soy ink and recycled paper in its mailers and notepads.
· Using chemical-free cleaning products and recycled garbage bags.
· Honoring guest requests for less frequent room linen laundry service to conserve water and energy.
The hotel also works closely with partners like Visit Denver and GreenPrint Denver, striving to increase sustainable practices and offerings to both visitors and residents.