You are here
Denver Event | Taste of Colorado
Downtown Denver Hotels like Hotel Teatro welcome guests who come to learn about Denver Restaurants at Taste of Colorado and other food-related Denver Events.
About A Taste of Colorado:
A Taste of Colorado stands as one of the top Denver Events of the summer, actually an end-of-summer celebration of sorts that showcases fabulous culinary fare from some of the best Denver Restaurants near our Downtown Denver Hotel.
A Taste of Colorado is also well-known by it’s previous name, “Festival of Mountain and Plain,” and it is a community Denver Event that reflects the pride and spirit of the Denver region. This Festival draws more than 500,000 people over the course of the 4-day Denver Event, which is held on Labor Day Weekend every year.
Why You Should Attend Taste of Colorado:
No matter what kind of food you have a taste for, you’ll likely find it at A Taste of Colorado. More than 50 of the top Colorado and Denver Restaurants are represented at A Taste of Colorado, featuring food in the form of small portions and full meals that you’re sure to enjoy.
In addition, there are more than 280 marketplace artisans and vendors, 6 entertainment stages, and educational programs promoting the diverse cultural and western heritage of the region — all for free near our Downtown Denver Hotel.
The Culinary Showcase is located in the Fine Dining Area and features local and nationally-renowned chefs from top Denver Restaurants offering tips and techniques that Festivalgoers can take home to their own kitchen. From smooth jazz to feisty rock-n-roll, the outdoor stages will be on fire with entertainment. Five stages in all with no cover charge will offer something for everyone.
Find unique arts and crafts, home and gift items, furniture, jewelry, imports, and more, in over 280 booths of the Arts & Crafts Marketplace at A Taste of Colorado. Also, enjoy original works of art in Fine Art in the Park, a variety of mediums created by artists from around the country. Visit the Home & Lifestyles area, featuring a variety of products and services to enhance both your home and your life!
Visitors’ Tips for Attending Taste of Colorado:
The following may not be brought into the Festival:
- Alcoholic beverages, beverage containers, glass bottles, food, or beverages
- Coolers, lawn chairs, picnic baskets, or carry-ins of any type (back-packs or large bags may be searched)
- Kites, Frisbees, balls, or other sports equipment
- Scooters, skateboards, or inline skates
- Pets (except service animals)
- Firearms, weapons, contraband, or laser pointers
- Bicycles (please use bike parking)
All concerts at A Taste of Colorado are free.
Tickets must be used to purchase food and beverages. A strip of 15 tickets can be purchased for $10. Cash is accepted at all ticket booths. Checks and credit cards are not accepted. ATMs are located throughout the Festival grounds.
You must be 21 to purchase and consume alcoholic beverages. Identification is required.
Interesting Facts About Taste of Colorado:
- Established in 1895 as a carnival similar to New Orleans’ Mardi Gras, A Taste of Colorado was created to boost the city’s morale and vitality following the silver panic. The Denver Event, unsuccessful in ending Denver’s depression and declining in attendance, folded in 1902 when organizers were unable to obtain financial support.
- In 1983, the Downtown Denver Partnership decided to bring back the spirit of the original Festival (to commemorate the opening of the 16th Street Mall). The following year, A Taste of Colorado was added to the Festival of Mountain and Plain name and concept, and it moved back to Civic Center Park in Downtown Denver, where the event first began.
Hotel Teatro is named The Official “Best Chic Hotel” in Denver Colorado 2011.
Take a Photo Tour of our Denver Hotel.