You are here
Denver Events | Denver Chalk Art Festival
The Denver Chalk Art Festival is a Denver Event that draws artists and observers from around the country. It is one of many Things to Do in Denver that takes place near Hotel Teatro – A Denver Hotel.
About the Denver Chalk Art Festival:
The Denver Chalk Art Festival takes place in Larimer Square, bringing a 2-day FREE street-painting festival within steps of Denver Hotels like Hotel Teatro. More than 200 artists spend hours on this fun weekend, turning the streets of Larimer Square into one of the top Denver Events of the year.
The Denver Chalk Art Festival transforms Larimer Square into a chalk art museum, of sorts. Artists, sponsors, and spectators find it difficult to describe the absolutely splendid experience that the Denver Chalk Art Festival creates, but we know that it is always one of our Guests’ favorite Things to Do in Denver in the spring.
Why You Should Attend the Denver Chalk Art Festival:
- Featured Artists – Denver Events like the Chalk Art Festival are filled with tremendous talent. This event showcases 6 madonnari (professionals in the medium) who are all award-winning street painters, including 3 1st-place finishers in the International Street Painting Competition in Grazie di Curtatone, Italy. Two of the madonnari, Stephen DeOrio and Mark Hollenbeck, are Colorado residents.
- Live Music – There will be live music taking place throughout the Festival. The 2014 band schedule is set with incredible Denver bands like Steve Law, Andrew Hudson, Thomas Hine, Blue Stone Mojo, and Six Foot Joe.
- Youth Challenge – The Rocky Mountain College of Art & Design presents the Festival’s Youth Challenge, where a dozen talented groups of youth and students from Colorado schools and organizations compete for cash prizes that go to their respective school’s art departments. The kids always come ready and willing to give it their all at one of the most fun Things to Do in Denver for all ages.
Visitors’ Tips for Attending the Denver Chalk Art Festival:
- Ride a bike or walk from Denver Hotels like Hotel Teatro to Larimer Square for Happy Hour on the Square, a fun way to enjoy good times with good friends in Denver and also view the Chalk Art prep work that is brewing for the Festival.
- Friday’s Happy Hour is also a great way to enjoy drink specials and mingle with the chalk artists as they get ready for their weekend work. There is a Southwest Airlines Baggage Crew luggage-tossing contest that takes place on Friday as well, and live music under the twinkling lights of Larimer Square.
- Denver’s bus and Light Rail can take you from Hotels in Denver to special Events in Denver like the Chalk Art Festival.
- Stick around for an Awards Ceremony on Sunday, at 5 p.m.
Interesting Facts About the Denver Chalk Art Festival:
- The Denver Chalk Art Festival is produced by the Larimer Arts Association, a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting arts awareness and education in Denver.
Hotel Teatro is named The Official “Best Chic Hotel” in Denver Colorado 2011.
Take a Photo Tour of our Denver Hotel.