You are here
Things to do in Denver | Colorado State Fair
The Colorado State Fair is coming within minutes of downtown Denver Hotels like Hotel Teatro this August bringing many exciting activities to add to your list of “Things to Do in Denver.
About the Colorado State Fair:
Most Americans love a good state fair. Denver visitors that come from out of the country typically appreciate fun American customs like fairs too. This summer, from the end of August to early September, one of the most exciting state fairs and Denver Events will come within a short drive of downtown Denver Hotels like Hotel Teatro for all to enjoy.
The Colorado State Fair has a 140-year history of entertaining Colorado residents and tourists. Fair coordinators have perfected fun – and all of it is waiting for your arrival in nearby Pueblo, Colorado.
The 2014 Colorado State Fair offers so much of what’s great about a state fair – live entertainment, exciting competitions, quirky vendor booths, and good old American thrills! If you’d like to attend the Colorado State Fair and need Accommodations nearby, consider that downtown Denver Hotels like Hotel Teatro are just a short drive from Pueblo – where the fair takes place – and also near fun Things to do in Denver like attending sporting events, dining at famous chef-owned Restaurants in Denver, and exploring the open wilderness in Denver.
Why you should attend the Colorado State Fair:
If you’re looking for Denver Events to attend while you’re visiting Denver, the Colorado State Fair is a fun, family-friendly event that’s just a short drive from Hotel Teatro. At the Colorado State Fair, you’ll be able to enjoy activities like the exciting Foam Fest (code name for taste-testing glass after glass of Colorado’s best craft beers), outdoor live music concerts, dining on fantastic food, roaming the late-night carnival, viewing art displays, watching monster truck rallies, and so much more.
Visitors’ tips for attending the Colorado State Fair:
- The Colorado State Fair is a great choice of outing from Denver if you’re wondering about Things to do in Denver and the surrounding area for all ages.
- Make sure you attend one of the concerts at the Colorado State Fair – which feature some of the top names in country music. Last year, Dwight Yoakam, The Oakridge Boys, and Lynyrd Skynyrd performed.
- Bright a lot of water to keep you cool. The weather often gets pretty hot and so does the food – like the tasty chilies that you may want to eat in the Green Chili Championships.
- Other great food served at the Colorado State Fair includes home-brewed beers, fancy cupcakes, and spicy salsas.
- General Admission tickets are $7 Monday through Thursday and $10 from Friday to Sunday. Children less than 4 years old enter free with a paid adult.
Colorado State Fair location and contact information:
The Colorado State Fair takes place at the Colorado State Fairgrounds | 1001 Beulah, Pueblo, CO 81004. Tel: 719.561.8484.
Are you visiting Denver? Choose Hotel Teatro - A Downtown Denver Hotel, located in the heart of Denver and close to many Denver Activities, Denver Things to do and more. Check Rates, Make Reservations or call toll free: 888.727.1200.
Take a Photo Tour of Things to Do in Denver.
Visit our Denver Visitor's Guide and learn more about; Denver Activities, Denver Events, Denver Shopping and Denver Restaurants.
View our current Special Offers & Packages.