You are here
Attractions in Denver | Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre
Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre hosts many Events in Denver each year. Hotel Teatro – A Hotel in Denver, welcomes guests who come to enjoy this scenic Attraction in Denver.
About Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre:
You’d be hard pressed to find a more stunning place to see a concert than at Red Rocks Amphitheatre, an absolute treasure in Colorado and one of the top Attractions in Denver. People come from all over the U.S. to listen to live music in what is one of the most magical settings in the country, but Red Rocks is not just a concert venue. Sure, Red Rocks Park houses the gem that has seen the likes of The Beatles and U2 grace its stage. And, it’s a place that most everyone outside of Denver is jealous of when they hear about concerts taking place there. Red Rocks Park is also home to 868 acres of deer, dinosaurs, prairie, pines, geologically-astounding natural structures, and phenomenal vistas, however, making it one of the Attractions in Denver that we say you MUST visit.
Red Rocks sits 6,450 feet above sea level. It is a unique transitional zone where the Rocky Mountains meet the Great Plains, and it offers a fantastic, diverse environment that teems with plants, birds, and animals of both regions. Red Rocks Amphitheatre is truly the gem of Red Rocks Park, however, providing an incredible venue for listing to music that is unlike any place in the world. In fact, Red Rocks Amphitheatre is the only naturally-occurring, acoustically perfect Amphitheatre on Earth – and it sits just minutes from our Hotel in Denver!
Why You Should Visit Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre:
Red Rocks Amphitheatre has hosted Denver Events like Sting concerts and many other rock performances. It has seen opera singers set foot on stage, and it has been the place for spiritual and emotional Events in Denver that became, perhaps, more ethereal because of the Amphitheatre’s wondrous location.
Red Rocks Park is just as incredible as the Amphitheatre. It offers a variety of recreation options, from guided tours and hiking spots to biking trails and even shopping opportunities. You can dine at Denver Restaurants in Red Rocks Park, under the gorgeous starry sky, surrounded by towering red sandstone rocks that tell talks of prehistoric times. Attractions in Denver like Red Rocks Park also offers a regular summer concert series that features local Denver musicians who are absolutely thrilled to be in such a legendary and awe-inspiring venue. Whatever your pleasure, enjoy discovering Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre!
Interesting Facts About Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre:
- Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre opened on June 15, 1941.
- Seating capacity for the Amphitheatre is 9,450.
- Red Rocks park sits on 640 stunning acres of beautiful Colorado land.
- Red Rocks is a geologically formed, open-air Amphitheatre that is not duplicated anywhere in the world. With Mother Nature as the architect, the design of the Amphitheatre consists of 2 3-hundred-foot monoliths (Ship Rock and Creation Rock) that provide acoustic perfection for any Event in Denver. The dramatic sandstone monoliths serve as a history book of animal and plant life in the area for the past 250 million years.
- The area of Red Rocks, originally known as the Garden of Angels, has attracted the attention of musical performers since before the turn of the century. The majestic setting of the Amphitheatre, along with the panoramic view of Denver, makes for a breathtaking scene at one of the most thrilling Attractions in Denver near our Hotel in Denver.
Type of Attraction: Outdoors, Recreation, Entertainment, Live Music
Are you visiting Denver? Choose Hotel Teatro - A Denver Hotel, located in the heart of Denver and close to many Denver Activities, Denver Things to do and more. Check Rates, Make Reservations or call toll free: 888.727.1200.
Take a Photo Tour of our Denver Hotel.
Visit our Denver Visitor's Guide to learn more about; Denver Activities, Denver Events, Shopping in Denver and Denver Restaurants.