You are here
Attractions in Denver | Coors Field
Our Hotel in Denver welcomes visitors who come to enjoy Attractions in Denver like Coors Field. Watching a game is a popular Denver Thing to Do, so add it to your must-do list during your next visit.
About Coors Field:
Coors Field, home of the Colorado Rockies, is one of the top Attractions in Denver that our Hotel Guests want to see while they’re staying with us. The ballpark sits at 20th and Blake Streets, in Denver’s Lower Downtown (LoDo) / Ballpark neighborhood, just minutes from our Hotel in Denver and many places to eat and drink pre or post-game.
Denver takes its sporting events seriously, that’s why so much attention goes into keeping Coors Field contemporary and enjoyable for local fans and visitors to enjoy games at. Throughout the years, there have been additions and remodels to Coors Field to keep it up-to-speed with what fans desire, and the latest construction project brings a stunning Rooftop Deck to the Field.
Coors Field is named for the Coors Brewing Company of Golden, Colorado, which purchased the naming rights to the park prior to its completion in 1995. The Colorado Rockies played their first 2 seasons, 1993 and 1994, in Mile High Stadium (now Sports Authority Field at Mile High) before moving to Coors Field, which is just 2 blocks from Denver’s LoDo neighborhood and minutes from Hotel Teato – A centrally-located Hotel in Denver. The park includes 63 luxury suites and 4,526 club seats, and it brings in thousands of Denver residents and visitors to each home game who are exciting about enjoying Denver Things to Do like attending Rockies games.
Why You Should Visit Coors Field:
- The Blue Moon Brewery at The Sandlot is a microbrewery and Denver Restaurant that sits behind the Right Field Stands, with an entrance from Coors Field, and from Blake Street. The brewery is operated by the Coors Brewing Company and experiments with craft beers on a small scale. Make this exciting Denver Bar one of your stops when you visit Attractions in Denver like Coors Field.
- The Rockies Opening Day Game at Coors Field is always one of the top Activities in Denver, so make your reservations now at our Hotel in Denver and also secure your tickets for the Opening Day Game, which is high in demand with limited availability. It’s absolutely worth doing what you have to do to get there, however.
- The Rooftop is a new 38,000 square foot destination constructed in the Upper Right Field deck of Coors Field, providing stunning panoramic views of Downtown Denver and the Front Range. Tavern Ballpark is a Denver Bar and Denver Restaurant in The Rooftop’s 2-tiered area. On The Rooftop, fans can enjoy an urban garden setting, VIP Cabanas, numerous televisions and live pre-game entertainment.
Tips for Visiting Coors Field:
- Whether you choose to drive, take the bus, bike, or walk from our Denver Hotel to Attractions in Denver like Coors Field, planning ahead can help make your visit more enjoyable. At Coors Field, advanced single-game parking passes are available in a Rockies operated lot for $12 per pass in Lot B. Advanced passes can be purchased at the Coors Field Ticket Office.
- Tours of Coors Field are available Monday through Saturday, during the season, and Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday during the offseason. Denver Tours of Coors Field provide a behind-the-scenes look at one of the premier ballparks in Major League Baseball. All tours begin at Gate D (20th and Blake Streets) and last 75-80 minutes. Tours cover a distance of approximately 1 mile and only a limited number of tickets are available for each tour. Advance purchase is highly recommended.
Interesting Facts About Coors Field:
- While most of the seats in Coors Field are dark green, the seats in the 20th row of the upper deck are purple. This marks the city's one mile elevation point.
- The Rooftop Deck is the latest construction project at Coors Field, which includes a redesign and renovation of the upper right-field seating area and concourse
Type of Attraction: Sporting Events
Hotel Teatro is named The Official “Best Chic Hotel” in Denver Colorado 2011.
Take a Photo Tour of our Denver Hotel.