You are here
Things to do in Denver | Attend a Rockies Game
Planning a stay at our Hotel in Denver during baseball season? Then consider enjoying one of sport’s most popular Things to Do in Denver: attend a Rockies game.
About Attending a Rockies Game:
One of our Hotel Guest’s favorite Activities in Denver during baseball season is attending a Colorado Rockies game, which take place at Coors Field near Hotel Teatro – A Hotel in Denver’s exciting Downtown area. There are so many Things to Do in Denver near our Denver Hotel, but enjoying a Rockies game is on many Denver visitors’ “must-do” list while they’re in town.
This season, fans can watch as the Rockies bring out the big bats of Troy Tulowitzki and Carlos Gonzales, who are finally healthy again. The ball club is ready to have a winning year, and the fans are hoping for another trip to the playoffs.
Tips for Attending a Rockies Game:
- Get to Coors Field early if you’re driving your own car from our Hotel in Denver. You don’t have a very far distance to travel, but there is a heavy demand for parking throughout Downtown Denver on some game days.
- Coors Field lots typicall open at noon on game days.
- The Colorado Rockies strongly encourage the use of public transportation to and from the game. For more information, check with our friendly Concierge on bus and Light Rail transit.
- Advance tickets for Rockies Games may be purchased online, by phone, or in person at Coors Field. Our Concierge can also help you get tickets for Rockies games.
Interesting Facts About the Rockies:
- Ubaldo Jiminez threw the first no-hitter for the Rockies in April of 2010.
- Aaron Cook is the all-time leader in pitching wins for the team.
- The Rockies have yet to win a World Series. They made it to the Series in 2007, but they ultimately lost to the Boston Red Sox. Fans are hoping 2014 will be the Rockies' year to go all the way.
- During the history of Rockies Opening Day, the Rockies scored the most runs (13) on April 7, 1997, against the Cincinnati Reds.
- The most runs scored against the Rockies on their Opening Day Game was 12, and it the game was played on April 4, 1994 versus the Philadelphia Phillies.
Type of Activity: Sporting Event
Hotel Teatro is named The Official “Best Chic Hotel” in Denver Colorado 2011.
Take a Photo Tour of our Denver Hotel.